- Sandton is a suburb of Johannesburg and we had an overnight stop there. By 9.00 a.m. we were back in Joburg airport checked in and waiting for our plane to Livingston Zambia.
- On arrival in Zambia we had an hours drive through typical African bush country.
- Many baboons to be seen from the vehicle and one giraffe. We drove as far as the Zambezi which we had to cross to reach Botswana.
- At this point the Chobe River joins the Zambezi so the river is very wide. 4 Countries meet here Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
- There is a vast amount of commercial traffic crossing here and though a bridge has been talked of for years, our friend Mugabe has refused to permit it to be built. Consequently the trucks are lined up for miles waiting for the totally inadequate ferries to take them across.
- We crossed in a smallish boat and then another 20 minute drive to this delightful safari lodge.
A lovely spacious room and a typical African bush view from my window.